Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Monday, June 30, 2014

Whole30 Challenge Day 29

Welcome to a very wet Monday! We had a significant storm system move through our area this afternoon, dropping 2 1/2" in 90 minutes.

Before the storm hit, we also tried a new experiment: taking a 19-month old to the movies. That was probably more disastrous than the storm. Thankfully there was only one other man there with his 3- or 4-year old daughter. Lukas didn't want to sit still for most of the movie, and when we tried to get him to do so, he fussed quite a bit. Oh well, lesson learned. At least there aren't that many good movies out there anyway so we won't feel like we're missing a lot by not going, just the two of us or with Lukas in tow.

Unfortunately, it is again late as I write this, so I'd better give you the menu or today and then get to bed.

Breakfast:
Egg casserole (green and red onion, mushroom, mini sweet pepper, black olives, Italian sausage, and ground pork)

Lunch:
Green salad with chicken pieces (I don't remember the exact ingredients I used for the chicken, though I know I used red wine vinegar) and a little homemade mayo for dressing







Dinner:
Zucchini and ground beef
Grape tomatoes, green pepper slices, cucumber slices

Tomorrow starts a long week at work, and it is also the last day of the challenge. Wednesday I am going to have a piece of cake from my sister-in-law's graduation party, and then I plan to go back to a strict Whole30 Plan for probably at least 2 more months to hopefully break the sugar cravings more completely. As it is, I know eating the cake will be risky, but I think it's one time I can indulge a little. However, even with a month under my belt, I find that sugary treats are still rather appealing, and I want to kick that in the pants before reintroducing other nutritional variables.

Have a great day, and look forward to future updates!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Joe! An Internet friend of Abi's here. :) I enjoyed following your Whole30 journey, especially as the diet has intrigued me for a while — to the extent I knew just where to direct your wife for recipes, though not to the extent I've ever attempted them myself. I do want to try Whole30 someday, as sugar is a similar nemesis for me. For the moment that goal is on hold as I currently cook for a husband, toddler, and mother-in-law who are all basically anti-vegetable, and juggling a baby I simply couldn't manage the preparation of two separate meals every night (Whole30-compliant for me, a from-scratch carb-heavy for them).

    I'm curious about Abi's Whole30 results/review! :)

    ReplyDelete