Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Whole30 Challenge Days 5 and 6

Hi friends!

We got a little busy yesterday with things here, so I (obviously) was not able to post about food. I'm sure you were all devastated, so to make up for it, I'm posting about TWO DAYS AT ONCE!

I noticed yesterday at work that I felt a little trimmer in the midsection. Nothing huge, but there seemed to be a definite change for the better. With my back issues, I need to do core strengthening exercises, and I got some new things from my chiropractor last night to hopefully help. An added bonus is that I should see some visible gut shrinkage as a result (though not necessarily from loss of fat, of course, but from my core muscles holding everything in place better).

I've also been feeling overall quite well this entire week. There was a bit of temptation Friday morning as one of my coworkers brought in homemade cinnamon rolls, and Friday evening we went to a graduation party, but I stayed strong and resisted the urge to snack. Yay me!

Meals for Friday included:
Breakfast:
Egg-bake with guacamole
1 cup cantaloupe
1/4 green bell pepper, sliced

Lunch:

Leftover crockpot pork
Green beans
Cumin-scented cabbage salad with homemade mayo and guacamole
1 Apple

Dinner:
Green salad with canned salmon
Steamed broccoli

I have to admit, the salmon was not my favorite, and I'm not planning on using it again. Something about the flavor didn't sit the best with me, and the psychological aspect of bones still being present kinda bothered me, too.

Moving on to Saturday:
Breakfast (which was rather late, almost 11 AM):
Omelette w/sauteed onion and mini-sweet pepper, some ground beef, and mushrooms
1/2 peach


Lunch/Snack (to keep us going until dinner; picture shows portions for both of us):
Savory coconut flakes
1 apple
Handful of almonds
Raw broccoli
Baby carrots
Celery sticks


Dinner:
Grilled salad topped with avocado, green pepper, tomato, boiled egg, onion, and a little homemade mayo
Grilled pork chops, brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and topped with some lime slices while being grilled



I've found that water has been a huge blessing this week, too, and haven't missed other drinks as much as I thought I would. We have some mint leaves on our deck, so I'm thinking to use some of those and a few lemon and/or lime slices to add a little zest to some water as a treat. At any rate, I've managed to drink almost 1/2 gallon of water a day for the last three or four days.

I'll see you here tomorrow for a new post!



No comments:

Post a Comment