Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Whole30 Challenge Day 10

Well, here we are, 1/3 of the way through the month. And I have to say, I think I'm beginning to reap some of the benefits. I feel like I'm sleeping better, my clothes are starting to loosen up a bit, and I'm discovering a whole new aspect to food that is simply wonderful. I can't wait to see what the rest of the month will hold!

Wednesdays are the toughest days around here because we have church at 6:30 in the evening. It's definitely more of a struggle to get dinner on the table and consumed by 6 so we can head out the door. We're finding out that the crockpot is a magnificent tool for overcoming this time crunch. I think Abi and I both wish we'd been making more use of it during our marriage, though we've been a little nervous about leaving it on while we sleep when we were on evening and overnight shifts. Perhaps that's a bit of extra paranoia that kept us from taking more enjoyment in our meals, but it's the truth.

We were especially excited about trying out tonight's dinner, and I think it's one that we'll for sure keep in mind as a way to stay away more from boxed pastas. Sure, there's a little more prep involved, but I think the payoff is worth the effort.

Food for today included:
Breakfast:
Paleo Sweet Potato and Sausage Egg Scramble
Monkey Salad

Lunch:
Leftover smoked ham
Cabbage salad w/Orange Poppyseed Dressing
(I had an apple with me, but wasn't hungry enough to need it)

Dinner:

Steamed broccoli
Raw broccoli, baby carrots, green pepper, avocado with a little homemade mayo for dipping
Spaghetti squash
Paleo Crockpot Meatballs

What a fantastic food day! Hope you're looking forward to tomorrow's adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment