Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Whole30 Challenge Day 1

It's been an interesting day, food-wise. Granted, it's only been one day so far, but I found that I didn't really miss bread or dairy products all that much. However, when my coworkers went for their afternoon sodas, I admit I was a little jealous.

I think the toughest part of starting this program is going to be figuring out just how much food I really need at each meal. I felt quite satisfied after breakfast and didn't feel like I needed a snack at my morning break, but I was starting to get a little hungrier than usual before lunch, and I developed a minor headache mid-afternoon. After a good dinner, that went away, and I was able to enjoy my evening much more.

Here's a rundown of my meals today:
Breakfast:













Broccoli Frittata (1/6 of a pan)
1 banana

Lunch:












Cumin-Scented Cabbage Salad
2 small chicken breasts
Handful of mixed vegggies (broccoli, celery, radish, carrot)

Dinner:

 

Rosemary-Lemon Spaghetti Squash
Asparagus
Green salad
Homemade ranch dressing from the book It Starts with Food

Overall, I don't feel awful, but I don't feel great, either. The headache was to be expected, and hopefully I won't have to deal with it again tomorrow or Wednesday; I anticipate by Thursday that I'll be adapted enough to be over the worst of the withdrawl symptoms.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment