Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Whole30 Challenge Day 2

Okay, I'll admit it...I cheated a little this morning. I hopped on the scale after my shower, and the proponents of the Whole30 plan recommend you not do so during the entire month. I realize that most/all of the change was due to water weight, but it was still kinda fun to see I was two pounds lighter than Sunday morning.

My headache last night persisted in a very mild form until I got into bed a little before 10 PM. It was completely gone when I woke up, which was a great feeling. WHAT DID IT DO FOR THE REST OF THE DAY? I feel like I slept quite well, even though I know I woke up at least three times; I felt quite refreshed and rested when the alarm went off at 5:30.

One thing I like about the Whole30 plan is that you can load up on basically as many veggies as you can eat, as long as you're also getting the appropriate level of protein and healthy fats. I've walked away from every meal feeling satisfied, and I've stayed satisfied for several hours. Also a plus, my headache stayed away all day.

Meals today were:
Breakfast:
Leftover Broccoli Frittata (1/6 pan)
1 Banana

Lunch:
Leftover Rosemary-Lemon Spaghetti Squash
1 Chicken breast
1 Apple
Cumin-Scented Cabbage Salad

Dinner:















Baked fish
Diced sweet potatoes
Green salad

Look forward to tomorrow and the continuing adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment