Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Whole30 Challenge Day 17

Ah, Wednesday. Halfway through the week, a sign of better things to come. Two more days until the weekend, and one of those days I get to be a straight-up bench tech and not so much a departmental supervisor. Sure, I could be asked on to answer questions about my area, but it's a nice break from the routine.

I think we've somewhat adapted to the earlier schedule, though it's definitely more difficult to maintain. A part of me would like to go back to the evening shift, and I know Abi would enjoy the hours more, but day shift goes with the job. Oh well, maybe we'll both come to love it and the thought of switching back to evenings will become strange, even repulsive. We can only hope, right?

So, I bet you're wondering what fueled my good attitude today. Well, I'll give you the rundown.

Breakfast:
Egg bake

Monkey salad with the addition of blueberries

Lunch:
Rosemary-Lemon Spaghetti Squash with Chicken
Steamed Zucchini
Cabbage salad with homemade mayo
Part of a large apple (the center, sadly, was totally brown; one of the microbiologists suspected a fungus had gotten inside)

Dinner:
Coconut milk and strawberry smoothie

Rosemary Roasted Whole Chicken
Tomato and cucumber summer salad
Watermelon

The chicken was definitely the highlight as it was a large one that came from my in-laws. We're expecting to get at least three more meals out of it, maybe more if we stretch our casseroles. And doing it in the crockpot helped the meat retain a lot of moisture, which was a huge plus.

How about those of you reading this? Have you been attempting a Whole30 yourself? Have you at least experimented some in the kitchen? Coming to a greater appreciation for food, I look forward to playing around more and finding additional recipes that we can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment