Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Friday, June 20, 2014

Whole30 Challenge Day 19

Woo-hoo! It's Friday, and we're almost 2/3 through this challenge. Even though Abi hasn't felt all that different, I've continued to see improvement in my energy and appreciation of food. The natural sweetness in fruits, for instance, seems much sweeter than it did even three weeks ago as I've eliminated processed/added sugars from my diet. Other flavors have become more intense, too, which makes meals much more enjoyable.

Abi and I need to be more focused in adding exercise to our daily routine, though. As much as I've recovered from my back injury, there's no excuse keeping me from at least walking 20 minutes or more every other day. I know we would both feel even better than we do now if we got on the ball in this area. And while this challenge isn't primarily about losing weight, I want to keep the momentum going. I figure I should really lose 40-50 pounds still, and while food is an important part of the equation, exercise is also necessary. I know that it's going to take discipline and planning to incorporate all of the things I should and really want to be doing while letting go of the less important things (like spending so much time on Facebook).

Well, enough talk, let's get down to business.

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs with bell pepper and red onion
1 banana

Lunch:
Leftover chicken
Leftover vegetable soup
Cabbage salad with homemade mayo
1 apple


Dinner:
Baked fish
Diced parsnips fried with cinnamon and nutmeg
Green salad with homemade mayo

No pictures tonight, unfortunately. Maybe I'll make something really amazing tomorrow to make up for it. ;)

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment