Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Whole30 Challenge Day 15

Welcome to Week 3 of the experiment! Even though Abi hasn't seen much by way of results, I'm definitely feeling better and my pants are continuing to loosen. I'm not expecting to see 20 or 30 pounds fall off, but I think 15 would be a reasonable estimate for the month. Guess we'll find out in another 15 days.

Today was definitely more difficult for me. First, my schedule changed this week, so now I'm working 7-3:30 instead of 7:30-4. That extra half hour in the morning makes a tremendous difference, and I'm glad I don't have to get to work any earlier. And then, during my break, a few of my coworkers pulled out many of the treats leftover from Friday's retirement party. Passing them up was tough, but I managed. Finally, I stopped at a store on my way home to buy some cashews, and I swear the pop coolers were calling my name. O_o

I didn't have anything to complain about, though, which is the really frustrating aspect of today. My food was all tasty and filling. I can't remember...this might be about the time of the program that the authors of the book suggested would be the most difficult. I'm sure you'll agree I had nothing to complain about after seeing my menu:

Breakfast:
Fajita omelet

Lunch:
Leftover fish
Leftover soup from last night
Cabbage salad with Orange Poppyseed Dressing
1 Apple

Dinner:
Grilled chicken breast
Grilled salad
Homemade mayo
Watermelon
Some organic Raspberry Lemon Grass juice with Perrier Citron for a treat

A part of me wants to dig into the leftovers from tonight's meal, but I know that would be counterproductive. It's only 7 PM, and with the threat of a storm we won't be heading out anywhere, so I should just kick back and enjoy the evening...after I've made a breakfast casserole for tomorrow.

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment