Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Whole30 Challenge Day 21

Welcome to Sunday! I hope you've had an enjoyable and uplifting day. Abi and I enjoyed services at church today where I was able to teach Sunday school and she played piano for the morning service. It had been a while since I last taught, and it was enjoyable to do it again. Apparently I did okay because I was asked to fill in again on July 13th. Today's lesson was on witnessing to Mormons, the lesson on the 13th is likely going to be about answering objections to Christianity. These apologetic-type lessons are some of my favorite to research and teach, so this is a real treat for me.

It's hard to believe that we're already three weeks into this challenge. One thing that has impressed itself on me is just how much we as a society celebrate virtually anything with food (I'm sure I've said this in a previous post, but it still holds true). It's gotten a little easier to resist the treats at work, and that's something I want to maintain once this challenge is over. An occasional treat is fine, but the sheer amount of them that show up at work is almost unreal.

Here's the food breakdown for today:
Breakfast:
Paleo Sweet Potato and Sausage Egg Scramble
Monkey Salad with blueberries, strawberries, and cinnamon

Lunch:
Leftover crockpot chicken
Steamed zucchini and broccoli
2 coconut lime energy bites







Dinner:
Green salad with homemade mayo
Golden Cauliflower Soup
Grilled chicken breasts

Sleep tight, everyone, and check back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment