Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Whole30 Challenge Day 7

So here we are, one week down! This challenge has been, in some ways, easier than I expected, and in other ways more difficult. The food has pretty much all been tasty, but it's required a switch in mindsets when it comes to grocery shopping and meal planning. Fortunately, we've come up with several recipes that could be go-to recipes for when this month is over.

Abi and I have discussed some options for when this month is finished. Someone she knows has done the Whole30 and now takes the weekends to eat the Whole30-restricted foods, though still in reasonable quantities. That might be the way we do things here. We'll see.

Today's culinary line-up:
Breakfast:
Leftover egg bake topped with guacamole
Monkey Salad








Lunch:
Leftover crockpot pork
Raw veggies
A little homemade mayo







Our mayo loves us!










Dinner:
Soy Ginger Chicken with coconut aminos substituted in for the soy sauce
Baked cauliflower (to simulate rice)
Green salad with a little red wine vinegar

We also had a little snack of paleo zucchini chips, though I didn't get them crispy like they should have been.


I feel it was a good day foodwise. I really didn't feel hungry, except a little after we finished dinner since the cauliflower wasn't as filling as normal rice would have been, but I definitely think we're getting this thing figured out. Hard to believe we're already almost 1/4 of the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment