Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Whole30 Challenge Days 26 and 27

Sorry folks, I missed yesterday's post. We had a good evening here, though, heading to a park to meet someone and then letting Lukas play at the playground for almost an hour. I think it really tired him out because he went to bed around 9:30 as usual and didn't wake up for a bottle until 5:30.

It will be an interesting day foodwise because we will be going to my in-laws' for a graduation party. We'll probably take a bit of compliant food with us, and as they are the source of our eggs, we'll probably make a few there. (This paragraph written at 9:30 AM).

Here's how food has shaped up for the last couple of days.
Friday:
Breakfast:
Omelet with mini sweet peppers, green onions, and mushrooms
Sausage patty
Monkey salad





Lunch:
Spaghetti squash and meatballs
Cabbage salad with homemade mayo
1 apple

Dinner:
New York Strip Steak from my in-laws
Green salad with homemade mayo
Grated and baked sweet potatoes

Snack:
Jonathan apples quarters with almond butter




Saturday:
Breakfast:
Omelet with mini sweet peppers, jalapeno pepper, green onions, mushrooms, ground pork, sliced black olives, avocado slices, and a dash of hot sauce

Lunch:
If you can call it lunch, we basically had a lot of fruit (strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, pineapple, and red and green grapes) as well as some bell pepper slices and baby carrots; as much as I enjoyed spending time with my in-laws, it would have been smart of us to have prepared and brought some food that we could eat.

Dinner:
Scrambled eggs with bell pepper, onion, and garlic
Pre-baked sweet potatoes fried in a skillet (they didn't get crispy like I was hoping)

Snack:
Half of a Key Lime Pie Larabar

Well, only three days left. Kinda hard to believe! I can tell, though, that it would be good for me to stay on a strict Whole30 compliant diet for at least the next month or two because I still deal with sugar cravings like you wouldn't believe. I did bring home a small slice of graduation cake to enjoy on Wednesday, but that's going to have to be my limit for a while. Still, since I'm hoping to be fairly compliant with this way of eating for the indefinite future, I'm not all that sad about it.

Have a blessed Sunday. I should have a post up Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment