Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Whole30 Challenge Day 16

We're over the halfway mark now! In some ways it's surprising that we've made it this far, but at the same time, a quote that (I think) comes from the Whole30 people saying we choose what to put in our mouths is a big motivator. I don't have to have a Mountain Dew, or a cookie, or a doughnut, or half of a loaf of garlic bread with a heaping plate of pasta, but I have often chosen to do so. It will be interesting and challenging when we start reintroducing some of the foods we've eliminated the last 2 1/2 weeks, both to see how they affect us and how we are drawn to them.

Break time at work was a little stressful again as there were still leftover goodies from Friday's retirement party, and in addition there were two new plates of cookies for other reasons. It's becoming more amazing to me just how many things we celebrate with food, and junk food at that. I don't mean to sound superior, but it almost seems like, "Hey, you know what would be a great present for my birthday? If I put you all on the road to diabetes. Because that's how much I love you guys!" Okay, maybe not that intense, but still, you have to wonder what it is about our culture that puts such an emphasis on gorging ourselves when something good happens. This is not to say that I'm never going to eat a cookie again, but I will be thinking a lot more about whether I really want one before eating one.

My food for today:
Breakfast:
Egg bake with seasoned ground pork, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, parsley, and black olives
Monkey salad

Lunch:
Leftover meat and vegetable soup
Cabbage salad with homemade mayo
1 apple

Dinner:
Rosemary-Lemon Spaghetti Squash with chicken

Steamed zucchini
Green salad with homemade mayo

Come back soon to hear more of our adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment