Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Feelin' better and better...

Okay, 16 or so hours after my previous workout, I completed my Cardio/Abs routine for today. I normally prefer roughly 24 hours between sessions, but I knew I wasn't going to get this done otherwise. I'm glad I managed it, and now I'm ready for a day off and the start of a new week.

The routine is getting a little easier day by day. Abs are still a weak point, as well as jumping exercises (the second set of exercises includes jumping jacks and run lunges). The Level 3-4 workout adds one repetition of each set of exercises, so I'm glad it's going to be a while before I get there. I'm moving in the right direction, though, which is what's important.

For those who saw my earlier post today (http://joe-onemansjourney.blogspot.com/2013/05/a-little-late-night-workout.html), I thought I should link to the next most recent set of pictures I have. You can find them here: http://joe-onemansjourney.blogspot.com/2012/09/pre-p90x.html

My lower back and thigh muscles are still in need of a large increase in flexibility. One of the ab exercises is called the Superman Crunch. Ideally, you put both legs straight up in the air at a 90-degree angle to your torso, do the same with your arms, lock your thumbs, and raise up to touch your fingers to your toes. My legs don't get anywhere near that straight without assistance, so I put my heels up on a door, scooted my butt to the door, too, and did the exercise that way. I could feel my left thigh muscles arguing with me the whole time, especially right at the hip joint (I'm not sure if it's my quads, the IT band, or both that's causing the problem). As I continue, I hope to see that flexibility increasing.

Well, that's it for me for now. I'm looking forward to sharing my progress when I get started again on Monday. Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment