Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Drum roll please...

...and, TA-DA!

Welcome to the 100th post of this blog! I didn't realize I was getting so close to 100 until just a few days ago, and the thought was exciting. Now, granted, I started this blog over a year ago, so 100 posts might not seem like a big deal to you. What is a bigger deal to me is that I have been trying to stay consistent with my workouts for a little over a month, and it's been a blast doing so.

Cardio/abs routine tonight, and I have to say it was my best showing yet. The power yoga segment right after the initial stretch is getting easier, and tonight I blasted through the ab exercises with good form all the way. I've been progressing with baby steps all along the way, but each time I improve, which makes me think there isn't anything I couldn't eventually accomplish. Don't you love that feeling?

My chiropractic adjustment this morning was likely at least a portion of help for what I was able to do tonight. My chiropractor had me do a couple of exercises when I explained a bit about some knee and hip pain I've been experiencing in my left leg (generally when I'm sleeping). One of the exercises showed that my left ankle is quite constricted compared to the right. Since the ankle is supposed to be a flexible joint and mine is impeded, my knee is compensating, which in turn is throwing my hamstrings for a loop and keeping them tight. To help correct this problem, he wants me doing 12 squats a day, making sure to keep my feet shoulder-width apart with toes pointing forward and my weight distributed to the outside of my feet rather than the inside. With my arms raised straight up, I need to squat while keeping my back as straight as possible. Keeping those arms up adds an element of difficulty, but I can see how it's helping me go slow and maintain proper form throughout the exercise.

All in all, it's been a great day, and now I'm looking forward to some time with my family. G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment