Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

One day at a time...

That's a healthy mantra for anyone seeking to increase their fitness. I'm sure you've read similar statements all over the place, but it doesn't hurt to repeat it again: improving fitness takes time and work. Do you know how long it took me to get to the physical state I am in now? Almost thirty-one years and nine months. Therefore, I shouldn't expect to be able to reverse it all in a few weeks. And as much as I'd like it to be true, there isn't a product out there that will miraculously target all of the fat surrounding my midsection. Pretty much the only option there is some form of liposuction, which just isn't worth it, especially because it doesn't teach you to change the habits that put the fat there in the first place.

Anyway, off the soapbox. Strength training day today, and again I feel fantastic after finishing the workout. I am pretty sure I will stick with 12.5 pounds for most of the exercises when next week rolls around; I don't think bumping up to 15 would be very helpful just yet. Still, I'm thrilled to even be contemplating the idea of adding weight.

I'm most pleased with my increased ability to do push-ups, even in just about three weeks of exercising. With my routine as it is, I'm doing a total of 41 push-ups between three circuits. By the time I get to the next level in Power 90, I hope to be doing at least 50% more, with at least 90 total by the end of the next phase.

Oh, I found a great resource yesterday that I forgot to share. NextLevelFitnessTeam.com has workout sheets for many of Tony Horton's DVD programs here: http://nextlevelfitnessteam.com/workout-sheets/ As a result of looking at this page, I also realized that I have half of the Power 90 Master Series (Sculpt 5/6, Plyo Legs 5/6, and Sweat 5/6). When I originally bought the DVDs as part of a package, I didn't realize there were more to the series. I won't be ready for that phase until probably October at the earliest, but when I'm getting close I am thinking to purchase the ones I'm missing and use the Master Series as a bridge to P90X. We'll see how the money flow is at that time.

Now, I need to get some supper and prepare for work. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment