Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oh what a wonderful feeling...

Well, another day of cardio/abs under my belt, another day of feeling pretty good. I was especially excited tonight by my ability to kick a little higher during that portion of the routine. Some of that is due to increasing flexibility, some likely from this being the first cardio workout of the week. In any case, it was a lot of fun and quite encouraging.

The ab routine is getting just a little bit easier with each session. Fitness bloggers, writers, and/or experts seem to be split on the value of doing ab exercises. I know, of course, that no amount of crunches or whatever is going to give me a visible six-pack--the only way for that to happen is to lose enough body fat for the underlying muscle to show through. However, I think there is good reason to do ab exercises in order to strengthen the core muscles, since so many other movements rely on the core to be executed properly. Oh well, I'll leave the debate to the experts and go more on how I feel as a result.

I hope you've managed to find some time for activity today. I'm getting to the point now that skipping workouts makes me feel worse. Whodathunkit?

No comments:

Post a Comment