Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Progress update

Well, I'm not sure if this really counts as an "update" per se, since I haven't really put anything up on the blog previously in this category, but who cares. I got up this morning and weighed myself, not something I do on a daily basis, and was pleased to see how the numbers came out. I weighed in at 226.6 pounds, but the number I was more concerned with was the body fat figure of 34.7%. That means I'm carrying around about 78.6 pounds of fat.


Then, since I had my calculator out, I played with some numbers (as any good geek is inclined to do). The first thing I did was figure out what would happen if I lost 50 pounds of pure fat. That would put my total weight at 176.6 pounds, my fat weight at 28.6 pounds, and my fat percentage at 16%. That's definitely more in the range I'd like to be for body fat, especially since I don't have dreams of being an elite athlete. However, 176.6 just seems a bit too skinny for my frame, so then I figured what it would be like if I was down to 28.6 pounds of fat with a total weight of 190. That drops the fat percentage to 15% and puts me at a reasonable weight overall.


I'm not super concerned about these numbers, I just find them interesting. My goal is to be healthy, which certainly means shedding some fat pounds, but I don't feel a need to have six-pack abs or to look like a fitness model.


And to show you just how much not like a model I don't mind being, here's a picture I took this morning.



It's kinda frustrating that these shorts fit as tight as they do because I bought them last September when I'd lost a good deal of weight and they were a bit loose then. Oh well. At the rate I'm going, it won't be long before they're kinda hanging off of me again.


I hope you're inspired. The progress I've made has encouraged me to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment