Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Monday, July 9, 2012

C25K Week 9 Day 1

I am so thankful to be able to afford a gym membership. Today isn't nearly as hot as it was last week, but still, I know I wouldn't do nearly as well if I were running outside. Eventually I will need to transition to outdoor running if I plan to run in any races, but for now, it is such a blessing to be able to run inside.


I feel great today after my run. This week, all of my runs are 30 solid minutes. That's quite an achievement in my book to be able to go so long in one shot. And it's amazing to think that just eight weeks ago when I got started, I couldn't have come close to doing this.


Here's my gerbil belting for today:
0.00-5.00 - 3.7 mph
5.00-21.00 - 4.9 mph
21.00-35.00 - 5.0 mph
35.00-40.00 - 3.7 mph


Total distance, 3.08 miles (0.60 of those were from the walking portions of the workout), which comes in at a 12:59 pace. By Friday, I should clear all of my distance and speed records in one shot. Exciting!


Have you gotten your week started with some activity?

No comments:

Post a Comment