Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

C25K Week 8 Day 1

Because I'm trying to get four workouts in this week, I decided that tonight I should back off a little bit so I wouldn't burn myself out before Saturday. The extra three minutes compared to my last run were likely to add extra stress, which is another reason I slowed things down a little bit. However, I still got a great workout tonight and am looking forward to my next one on Thursday.


Breakdown for tonight:
0.00-5.00 - 3.6 mph
5.00-33.00 - 4.8 mph
33.00-38.00 - 3.6 mph


Total distance, 2.83 miles. That's a 13:25 mile, so going a little backwards on the pace, but I'd rather get the full time in and lose some distance and speed than burn out and have to quit. Distance and speed will come eventually.


Be safe today if you are doing any celebrating, but keep in mind why you are celebrating. Today isn't about steaks, brats, burgers, fireworks, or most things people think about when it comes to July 4th. It is about celebrating the decision of a few men, representing the American colonies, to declare independence from England. If you know or see anyone who has served or is serving in our armed forces, shake their hand and thank them for the job they're doing to protect your freedoms.


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment