Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Friday, July 13, 2012

Progress report!

I haven't been to the gym yet today, but I'll be heading that way shortly and another post will follow at that time. For now, I thought I'd give a brief progress report, complete with new picture, spurred on by the fact that my wife has noticed I'm looking a bit skinnier. I've lost about 3 pounds in the last 10 days, so...yeah, things are happening!


The past 9 weeks have been fantastic, and I'm feeling overall more energetic, which is a great feeling. My clothes are fitting a bit better, my running endurance has increased, I can take the stairs a bit more easily now...in short, I am getting healthier.


Last week, Abi got an iTouch and started using the MyFitnessPal app to track her calories (she's trying to gain healthy weight since she's about 19 weeks pregnant). She invited me to use the web-based version at www.myfitnesspal.com, and it's been very helpful. Seeing my calories, protein, fat, and carbs all added up and compared to a daily intake goal based on my weight (current and desired) and my weight-loss goals, has helped me make better food choices over the last couple of weeks, as well as avoid some of the temptations at work when there are various snacks waiting to be eaten.


And, as promised, here's a new picture:
It's not super-dramatic, but one thing noticeable compared to my previous picture is that my shorts don't curl over at the top when I'm standing up. Little things like that are great motivators.

And with that, I should get into my exercise clothes and head to the gym for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment