Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Return of the Whole30 Challenge - Days One, Two, and Three

Hello friends!

It's been a busy couple of months, and, regrettably, not the healthiest. With the ending of my Whole30 at the beginning of July and no real plan for what to do afterward, coupled with some fantastic snacks brought into work, I clocked in Tuesday morning at 232.4 pounds. :(

Now that we're past Labor Day, I am beginning a new round that I intend to carry out at least through the end of October, possibly until Thanksgiving, with a chance of going to the end of the year with my only breaks being Thanksgiving and Christmas Days.

Tuesday went well, despite having come off of a four-day holiday weekend with plenty of goodies. I had a bit of a headache in the late morning/early afternoon, but it didn't last much more than three or four hours. Wednesday and Thursday have been fine.

Through participating in a Facebook group I found a 30-day schedule with linked recipes. We're going to start using them on Sunday, going through this week with ones we've been using already. The variety and having a plan already laid out is going to be helpful. We also wanted to wait to start the new recipes because there are some ingredients we don't have on-hand that we won't be out to get until later this week.

So I bet you're wondering what's been on the menu.

Tuesday:
Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs with diced pepper and onion


Lunch:
Zucchini and ground beef
Cabbage salad with diced pepper, grape tomatoes, and red wine vinegar
1 large apple

Dinner:
Grilled steak
Homemade sweet potato fries
Summer cucumber and tomato salad






Wednesday:
Breakfast:
Egg casserole
Monkey salad with blueberries

Lunch:
Leftover steak
Leftover sweet potato fries
Summer cucumber and tomato salad
1 large apple

Dinner:
Honeydew melon
Fresh tomato slices
Soup (diced potato, onion, celery, carrots, and ham)





Thursday:
Breakfast:
Egg casserole
Monkey salad with blueberries

Lunch:
Leftover soup from Wednesday
Cabbage salad with grapes and homemade mayo
1 large apple

Dinner:
Lettuce salad with diced green bell pepper, chopped celery, grape tomatoes, diced red onion, and some homemade mayo
Honeydew melon
Crockpot chicken and vegetables (some cubed potato, baby carrots, and celery pieces)
1/2 of a bottle of Naked Pineapple Mango with Coconut Water

I'm feeling better already and working on increasing my water intake. I take a half-gallon jug with me to work, but I have yet to get even half of it down in a day. I'd like to get to a minimum of one gallon a day, preferably as much as two.


No comments:

Post a Comment