Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Return of the Whole30 Challenge - Day Fourteen

Okay, so we were a little bad here the last couple of days. Last night after I got my post up we decided to have a little ice cream to "clean out our freezer" in preparation for our move next month. And tonight's dinner we used honey in the recipe and served the dish over brown and black rice.

Knowing that processed sugars and portion sizes tend to be my major problems, I'm considering eating more or less paleo with some non-paleo side dishes, still focusing on loading up on vegetables while exercising portion control on the other food groups in particular.

This afternoon I was finally able to get upstairs on the exercise bike for a few minutes, not enough to make a huge difference, but hopefully enough to help things stay on the right track.

And, without further ado, here is my menu for today:
Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs with some diced onion
Monkey Salad with Strawberries












Lunch:
Leftover hamburgers
Green beans
Cabbage salad with tomatoes and homemade mayo
1 gala apple
Handful of roasted squash seeds









Dinner:
Beef and Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry (we didn't have fish sauce, and I just now realized I forgot to add in the pepper flakes, but it was delicious nonetheless) - A little tip: We used a sirloin steak from my in-laws, and I found it was quite easy to slice it thinly while it was still frozen
Brown and Black Rice
Green salad with homemade mayo

I will continue to post about our mealtime adventures, especially since there are still several recipes yet to try in this month-long schedule I found. If I find that this way of doing things causes me to put a lot of weight back on, I will reconsider, but in the past I have done well with exercise and watching my caloric intake, so I think that as long as I keep my portions more manageable and take plenty of time to eat and feel full before I've eaten a great deal, I should still be okay.

See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment