Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Return of the Whole30 Challenge - Day Five

After a lazy morning of sleeping in, today ended up being rather tiring. We had a later breakfast and made a speedy trip to Trader Joe's before meeting our real estate agent to look at three houses. Then we went to downtown Des Moines to check out the Latin American Heritage Festival at the invite of some friends from church.

Meals were a little wonky because of this, and I know I didn't consume the calories I normally would have otherwise.

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs
Bacon (non-compliant, but oh-so-tasty)
Cantaloupe

Snack:
Larabar
Smoothie made with frozen banana, frozen strawberries, and coconut cream from Trader Joe's

Dinner:
Leftover steak
Cabbage salad with raisins and homemade mayo
Sliced green bell pepper

I've also been cheating a bit and weighing myself. I know weight loss isn't the main goal of this process, but I find it easier to say no to the garbage if I have numbers to work with. So far, I've dropped 5.6 pounds since Tuesday...what a difference no junk, increased good food, and larger intakes of water will make!

Sorry this is so short, but it's getting late and I need to get to bed. Tomorrow should be easier to post in a more timely fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment