Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Return of the Whole30 Challenge - Day Ten

Unfortunately, it's going to be another short post today. Time got away from us after taking Abi to the dentist this morning and then being at the house from 12-2:30 for the inspection, followed by signing some papers at the bank before I had to be downtown for my appointment to donate a unit of blood. Busy busy busy.

It's been a decent day overall, though, so I'm not going to complain. The inspector, of course, found some issues, so now we just have to wait for the report and then touch base with our agent as to what we should ask the seller to fix and what we should let slide.

Days like today do not make it easy to get the appropriate food down, unfortunately.

Breakfast:
Prosciutto-Wrapped Mini Frittata Muffins - we didn't have prosciutto, as I didn't want to pay the high shelf price, so I just used half-slices of bacon from Hy-Vee (not compliant, I know); I also didn't bother finding the spinach in the freezer, and I forgot about the tomatoes; however, the muffins were good as is, and I look forward to having them again

Lunch:
Okay, something of a misnomer here. I had an Apple Pie Larabar just before noon, then a large apple with almond butter and a serving of Almost Five-Ingredient Pizza Spaghetti Pie around 3:30 to prepare for my blood donation.

Snack:
Not at all compliant, but after donating blood, it is highly recommended to have a snack to give your blood glucose levels a jump-start as people sometimes come close to passing out after donating. Don't worry, this will not be a regular occurrence.









Dinner:
Summer Cucumber and Tomato Salad with homemade mayo
Garlic Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes"
Buffalo Chicken (boneless, skinless chicken breast pieces in the Crockpot with Frank's Buffalo sauce, cooked on high for 4 hours)

I work for the next five days, so my blogging might be a little sketchy still. However, I will do my best (and hopefully not have too many late nights so I can get them written before 9 PM...ideally before 7 PM).

Have a happy Friday wherever you are, and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment