Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Return of the Whole30 Challenge - Day Four

Ah, Friday, the day of pizza and pop. Well, not at the moment, and not for some time to come. I've definitely felt a few cravings today, and nothing sounded better than a heaping bowl of ice cream with a couple of the homemade cookies still sitting around the apartment.

It was a busy day at work, which helped keep my mind off of food while I was there. Gotta look for the positives where I can find them, right? I wish I had more than 30 minutes for lunch each day so I could take and consume more food than I have been lately. I should try to up my veggie intake at breakfast and lunch both so I would feel less hungry throughout the day.

We have a busy day scheduled for tomorrow. We're going to look at three houses and then hit downtown Des Moines to see some of the Latin Heritage Festival. Somehow we need to fit in grocery shopping and some meal prep for the week that starts Sunday morning.

Speaking of meals, here's today's lineup.
Breakfast:
Egg casserole
Monkey salad with blueberries

Lunch:
Leftover crockpot chicken and vegetables
Leftover lettuce salad with homemade mayo
1 large apple

Dinner:
Zucchini and Beef

Honeydew melon
Red grapes
Sliced green pepper
Grape tomatoes
Sliced cucumber
Baby carrots
Some homemade mayo for dipping

Happy weekend! Look for new posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment