Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hmm...

It's funny how you can be in the middle of a workout and feel like you can't do even one more move, but two minutes later you start thinking, "Hey, that wasn't so bad. In fact, why don't I go do that again...right now?" That's definitely how I feel as I type this. Of course, I'm not asking for punishment, either. I mean, with as stiff as I was at work last night, likely due to Tuesday's exercises, I don't want to push farther than my body can handle at the moment, even though I woke up this morning and basically all of my soreness had gone away.

I opted for the Nerd Fitness Beginner Body Weight Workout again today. I just didn't think I could give a good showing with a full 30 minutes of the Power 90 routine. Perhaps part of my problem yesterday was from a lack of a good warm up on Tuesday. I rectified that this morning. Nerd Fitness has a couple of warm up routines, and I used the shorter one. The difference is that instead of 30 seconds of jumping rope (as I don't have a jump rope), I did four 75-foot sprints (and not all that quickly, either :P ). I think the warm up helped, because not only did I do those exercises, I did one full circuit and then the squats and push-ups a second time. I had to give myself a few short rest breaks throughout, but there is definitely some improvement there!

Probably the tightest muscles I'm still working on are my hamstrings, and I know I need to keep up on that. My goal is to eventually be able to lie on my back and put both legs straight up in the air without any support and then reach up and touch my toes. I've got a lot of work to get that far, but with diligence I'm confident I will get there.

Running tomorrow, and I'm still planning on a bike ride Saturday. What a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment