Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Exercise isn't pretty...

After a 3-month hiatus I went through the Power 90 Level 1-2 strength training DVD. I only needed a couple of longer breaks throughout the session, which was great, but I can also feel I did quite a bit of work. I did my best to focus on proper form and I think I was rather successful. As for not being pretty, I'm sweaty, red-faced, and could probably use a nap. Oh well.

The rest of this week is going to be...interesting. I'm working my usual evening shift tonight, and when I get off at midnight I'll have 24 hours before I have to return. Friday and Saturday I will be working the midnight-8 AM shift, not very exciting for me. I know I'm going to have to push hard to get my workouts in Friday and Saturday mornings before I get to bed.

I was reminded by a friend today that it's not a good idea to weigh yourself every day, especially if you are trying to lose weight. I think most, if not all, people experience the same thing when they embark on a fitness regimen: the weight initially increases before it starts going down, even if you're doing everything right. At least some of this is due to increasing muscle mass without an equal decrease in body fat. I have weighed myself a couple of times this week, but I'm going to wait until at least next week to share the numbers so I can be sure to account for water weight discrepancies.

It's getting to be lunch time, and then I have to get ready for work, so that's all for today. Have fun out there, whatever you're doing...just get out and do something!

No comments:

Post a Comment