Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Welcome to a new week!

Hey there! It's Monday, the start of a new week of fitness. Did you enjoy your weekend? We did here. Abi was still recovering from her cold, and none of us got much sleep Saturday night, so I made a solo trip to church Sunday morning, even making it to Sunday school before the service. Unfortunately, I was a lot more tired than I realized and found it extremely difficult to stay awake during the sermon (this had nothing to do with the presentation style as I really enjoy the pastor). When I got home, I found out that Abi and Lukas had gotten some more sleep while I was gone, and then Lukas and I both had naps during the afternoon. Lukas and Abi both had naps during the evening, and we all got a more sleep last night, so this week is off to a good start.

One little side-note, I discovered my church pants fit even better yesterday than last week, so even though the image in the mirror doesn't look drastically different, I know things are going in the right direction.


This morning I hit the weights for another half-hour with Tony Horton. I had a couple of spots where I wanted to stop short of my rep goal, but I pushed through and successfully completed the entire workout.

I'm taking the family on a trip to Cincinnati in 3 1/2 weeks, and I will have finished the C25K program in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm planning to push as hard as I can that last week before we leave and use the week we are gone as a bit of a recovery week (though I will continue to run at the very least). When we get back, I think I will bump up to the Power 90 Level 3-4 strength training circuit. This will carry me through for a couple of months in preparation for the P90X strength training workouts once I get onto the day shift at work (I will figure out a way to incorporate these workouts even if I don't get on days, but working days will make everything a little simpler since I can do all of my workouts at the same time every day).

Of course, "The best-laid plans of mice and men..." as they say, so I know I have to remain flexible no matter what my goals.

Have a great day, and be sure to do something active!

No comments:

Post a Comment