Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hmm...

Days like this--chilly, rainy, cloudy--make me want to sleep in. I love being able to snuggle down in the blankets and be cozy. Unfortunately, there's this little thing called "life" that doesn't want to give me the satisfaction. So I drag myself out of bed and get ready for the new day.

It's a good thing I get up, however. If I didn't, I wouldn't have the satisfaction of spending half an hour throwing around some weights and working up a sweat. Yes, today was a strength training day, and even though I'm still a little tired and would gladly crawl back into bed, I've done a good bit of work this morning and should be able to survive my shift tonight.

Some days the best start you can hope for is a forced entry into your schedule. It's not always pleasant at first, and tackling it with the right attitude is important. Usually after the first few minutes of moving around on a day like today I'm ready to finish what I've started and even end up enjoying myself.

So, one item is off my list for today. Now I will feel free to pursue those other things that probably shouldn't be at the top of my list. Yay me! If you're having a "blah" day, I encourage you to get a little active and see how that turns things around.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment