Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Glad to be back outside!

With cooler temps prevailing again, it was a tremendous blessing to be able to run outdoors today. As I write this at almost 2 PM, after having just got back from my run, it isn't even quite 80 degrees. There are a few low- to mid-90 degree days predicted over the next week, but I'm pretty sure I can get my runs taken care of without that interfering too much.

It is a little inconvenient to drive to the park to do my running, one of the complaints I still hold about Des Moines in comparison with Rochester, but I'm grateful there are trail systems at all, and nice ones at that. I'd certainly be glad to live within walking distance of the trails, but having access to them at all is a good thing...it's so much nicer than running the streets around my neighborhood!

On to the numbers for those of you who are interested. My workout today was a total of 32 minutes (18 of those were running) and I covered 2.58 miles. According to my GPS, my average moving speed was 4.8 mph and my DailyMile profile calculated a 12:24 pace. I'm holding steady, which I definitely prefer over losing ground. This was the start of the 6th week of the C25K program, so I only have about 3 1/2 weeks to go before the end. At that point, speed work and endurance will be my two main goals. I will have to do a little research and go through some trial-and-error to find a combination of speed and distance workouts that will allow me to decrease my time and still increase the miles I put in each week.

No further words of wisdom from me today, though. Now that it's after 2, I have to have a quick lunch and shower before heading out the door for work. Happy fitness to you, and I'll see you back here tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment