Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

P90X Week 1 Day 6

Ah, it's the end of the first week of P90X and I'm feeling fantastic. Because of a variety of schedule issues revolving around today, I decided to do my final workout this morning instead of last night because I needed to be up earlier than normal. It's amazing how sore my glutes are from my previous workouts, so I was a little concerned about how today would go, but I sat on a heating pad for a little while to help loosen things up and took it slow.

Cardio day today with Kenpo X. One of my coworkers asked if there was actual martial arts training involved, and in my expert opinion I'd have to say...maybe. The moves seem legitimate, but since the focus is on keeping the heart rate up, the speed at which the moves are performed doesn't seem (to me, with no martial arts experience) to foster actual training. However, it's a fun workout.

I'm going to be out of town this weekend, possibly through Monday since I have the day off, so I might have to adapt my workout schedule. I'm not totally sure how I'll adapt, so I'll be playing it by ear and seeing what happens.

If you get a chance, get out and move yourself today. I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment