Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

P90X Week 1 1/2 Day 4

Funky title for today's entry, right? And you're probably thinking, "Hey, what happened to days 1-3?" Rewind back to my last entry. I had Kenpo X on Saturday and afterwards was feeling fantastic. However, that evening I had a huge knot in my right glute and felt some tweaking in my back and legs similar to what I experienced when my disc herniated. That had me concerned, especially because my wife and I were spending two nights with my in-laws and would be sleeping on an air mattress that has historically not been the best for either of us. Thankfully there was a foam pad to put down. On top of that, Abi made sure to pray for me, and I woke up Sunday morning without any pain at all.

We didn't get home until Monday night, and I had decided by that point that I wasn't going to try to change my workout schedule. If I'd been on track, that would have been Day 2 of this week. Not wanting to stress my body more than I had to, I opted to not do my exercises that night. Then Tuesday night I didn't do them, either, knowing I had a chiropractor appointment on Wednesday and figuring the adjustment would help me exercise better the rest of this week.

So tonight I got into the Yoga X workout. If you remember last week, I only made it just a few minutes in before feeling I needed to quit. Tonight was better, though it was still only 15 minutes (out of 1 1/2 hours!). It's going to take some time to work up to doing the entire session as the workout utilizes a lot of muscles that just aren't the strong and/or flexible for me. Again, I'm looking forward to seeing how I'm doing by the end of the program.

I hope you've managed to stay a little active this week. I know I haven't been the best about it, but all I can do is get up tomorrow and try again. Abi and I are planning to hit the gym on Friday for some walking and probably jogging, hopefully a MWF deal for us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment