Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

P90X Week 1 Day 3

I was seriously bummed out earlier because I left work at 7:45 PM not feeling well and thought I wasn't going to be able to do my workout tonight. After getting some food in me, a mug of peppermint tea, and a good deal of water, I finally felt pretty much normal around 10:30. I'd been dealing with a pretty good headache that was leaving me weak and semi-nauseous. I was--and still am--pretty sure this was the last hurrah of my caffeine withdrawal (I had two travel mugs of coffee Sunday morning and two glasses of Coke while out to eat with some friends). I'm happy to say that I should be through the worst of it, and I am thrilled I was able to get my exercising in tonight!

It was a good night, too. Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X. So far, having done three workouts, the two strength training workouts have been considerably easier than the cardio, probably at least in part because I can adjust the weights down, which I'm doing to ease into this and prevent injury. When it comes to cardio, jumping around and such and utilizing my own body weight, I can't really do much about that in the short term without drastic measures like liposuction. I know that historically I've not been good at high intensity output over long periods of time, so it's not surprising that I struggle with the cardio workouts in this series. Going to the gym and running 4 miles doesn't sound like that big of a deal at all in comparison.

Anyway, halfway through my first week, and I'm remembering just how much I love P90X. Yes, it's tough, and I have to dig down and push through sometimes, but it really is a fantastic workout. I'm not following the eating plan, so I'm not necessarily expecting to shed the 35-60 pounds I'd need to lose in order to see definition in my midsection, but that wasn't my goal in the first place...it'd just be a nice bonus if it happened. Rather, I want to have total body health and be in the best shape I can be.

If you're not participating in some sort of regular exercise, I encourage you to start. Find someone to do it with you so you have that added incentive. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment