Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Friday, September 21, 2012

P90X Week 1 Day 5

Back to strength training today with Legs & Back and Ab Ripper X. I have to say, I'm not a fan of wall squats, but that's mostly because I can't do them for very long. There were two variations in this workout. The first set of wall squats lasted for 90 seconds. You start with your thighs a little higher than parallel to the ground and hold for 15 seconds, then switch to thighs fully parallel with the ground, back and forth. The second set of wall squats lasted 60 seconds, and you had to raise one leg out in front of you for 10 seconds, switching back and forth. Neither one was very easy, and even should I get into "X" shape, I doubt they'll be a cake walk, but I'm excited about getting stronger.

Abs...well, they're abs. I'm happy to see that my reps are increasing for most of the exercises and that I'm maintaining good form at the same time (that's key; there's no sense in gaining reps if you're going to be sloppy about it). It'll take a while, but I'm confident I can get to the slated 25 reps per exercise by the end of this program.

It definitely made a difference even in the warm-up stretching tonight that I'd been up all day moving around. That's a pretty big clue that I need to be doing this workout after I get done with work, not right after getting out of bed.

Have you made time to get some movement in today?

No comments:

Post a Comment