Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Back from vacation...

After a fun--but exhausting--three nights away, my family and I returned home last night. Now I'm working on readjusting to the night schedule so I can resume working tonight. With only seven weeks left on this shift, I don't want to complain too much, but I would be ever so grateful to have just one more night off.

I ended up not making my cardio routine on Thursday last week, which was something of a bummer, but getting the packing finished and the car loaded took more time than I thought it was going to. This week, though, I don't anticipate any trouble maintaining my fitness regimen.

I was back at it today with my strength training session. With the exception of one or two movements, I upped the weight from 7.5 to 10 pounds. It doesn't seem all that significant when looking at the numbers themselves, but I can definitely feel a difference--and a good one at that. While watching the mirror for a few exercises, I could also see a bit of difference. It's nothing major just yet, but it is encouraging to see that healthy changes are taking place.

Since there are still a few hours left in the day (depending on where you are), why not do a little exercising yourself if you haven't already? Your body will thank you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment