Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

C25K Week 5 Day 2

I got up earlier than normal (8:15 AM) in order to get my wife over to a friend's house this morning. It's kinda thrown my schedule, but at the same time it feels pretty good. I didn't have time to get down my normal pre-workout smoothie before hitting the gym (I didn't want to see said smoothie returning during my first run :P), but I managed extremely well, I think.


When I went running on Monday, my legs were a little tight at the beginning and didn't loosen up quite like I'd hoped until well over halfway through the workout. Today, my legs were incredibly limber before I even got started, and I'm thinking that's part of the reason I feel so good after my two longest running intervals of the program yet.


I think this week I've been feeling the best ever since January, which tells me it's time to start adding to my exercise regimen (that, and the fact that my waistline isn't getting any smaller). Tomorrow I'm going to start using the Power 90 program from BeachBody to strengthen my upper and lower body as well as my core. Power 90 is the pre-cursor to P90X, both featuring trainer Tony Horton. With the running programs I have set up scheduled to take another 24 1/2 weeks, I am going to try to incorporate Power 90 at least two days a week, if not three, through the end of what I have planned for running. At that point, if I'm feeling up to it, I might give P90X another go-round, though it'll be hard to maintain my running if I do so (why can't I work 4 hours a day and get paid for 8?).


Anyway, here's how it went today:
0.00-5.00 - 3.6 mph
5.00-13.00 - 5.5 mph
13.00-18.00 - 3.6 mph
18.00-25.00 - 5.5 mph
25.00-25.30 - 6.0 mph
25.30-26.00 - 7.0 mph
26.00-31.00 - 3.6 mph
31.00-36.00 - 3.0 mph


I went a total distance of 2.63 miles, which is a 13:41 mile pace. Friday will be a big day with my first solid 20-minute jog. I'm not sure if I can do 5.5 mph for the whole thing, but if I have a day like today, I should come close.


How is your week going?

No comments:

Post a Comment