Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Moving beyond the initial Whole30

It's been a good day for me, somewhat stressful for Abi with an emotional toddler. Hopefully we will all sleep well tonight as we all need it. Tomorrow I will be at work for 13 1/2 hours to help cover a shortage on the evening shift. The extra money from the overtime will be nice; being extra tired just before a three-day weekend of working evening shift won't be so great. I did it to myself, though, and I trust that God will see me through it.

I had my piece of cake this afternoon, and it really didn't taste nearly as good as I thought it might, which means my system probably reset more than I had realized during the past month. That's good news. I'm also much more tired than I normally would be at this time of night, and I can only attribute that to a likely sugar crash. Still, the desire to eat something sweet is there, so I know I have more ground to cover. I don't know if the cravings will ever completely disappear, but at the very least I want to get them firmly under control.

With that in mind, I am definitely going to stick with the plan of being Whole30 compliant for the next month or two. Abi doesn't think she'll have any trouble with dairy, grains, or legumes, so if she wants to incorporate them back into her diet, that will be her choice. I kinda miss cheese, but not as much as I would have thought, and milk has tasted off to me for the last 15 years, so I don't miss it in the least. I haven't really missed bread, either.

Our goal is still to incorporate more physical activity into our lives. I've been thinking about starting the C25K program again, and would plan on doing my workouts Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I should also be doing some strength training, but I don't know what form that will take at this time.

I bet you're curious about today's food choices. Well, I aim to please.

Breakfast:
Egg casserole with avocado slices
Monkey salad with strawberries

Lunch:
Spaghetti squash and meatballs
Cabbage salad with chili-infused olive oil
2 boiled eggs
1 apple

Snack:
Cake from my sister-in-law's graduation party


Dinner:
5-Spice Slow-Cooker Pork Ribs
Steamed broccoli
Green salad with homemade mayo

I'm looking forward to continuing on this journey. Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment