Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Friday, July 4, 2014

Another day of food!

So, are you sick of hearing about food yet? I hope not, because I still enjoy posting about it. Though, as I've mentioned, I need to incorporate exercise into my routine, and that will also make it into my posts once I've implemented it. I'm looking forward to a new week starting Monday with the opportunities available.

Because I worked until 8:30 PM last night and then stayed up until almost 11 watching a movie with Abi, I slept in this morning. I think that is probably the main reason I am still functioning at 10:15 PM. I've definitely adapted to being on the day shift schedule, and I know that by Sunday night I'm going to be running low on energy. My biggest concern is getting so run down that I get sick, so I'm going to be sure to get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, and eat good food.

Work has been steady tonight, but not busy, which is a combination that I like. I've been taking advantage of the time to do a little writing for the July Camp NaNoWriMo. My goal is to have a 50,000 word book by the end of the month, and I'm falling a little behind schedule, even though I started the month with a little over 9,000 words already written. I'm hoping to make up my deficits during the week by hitting it hard on Saturdays, and we'll see what happens. Of course, 50,000 words would be about double the length of any individual book from The Truth Chronicles, so it will definitely be a challenge to reach that length.

Perhaps you are interested in my menu for today. Never one to disappoint, here you are!

Breakfast:
Egg casserole with green onion sausage from my in-laws, diced red onion, diced green pepper, and pulsed broccoli
Monkey salad with strawberries

Lunch:
A portion of smoked ham pork steak from my in-laws
A couple pieces of chunk pineapple
(I was in a rush because of a late start in preparing my food, so that's all I had O_o)

Dinner:
A few pistachios
2 hamburger patties using grass-fed beef from my in-laws and topped with a little Dijon mustard
Cabbage salad with chili-infused olive oil and homemade mayo
1 apple
1 Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar (that I didn't realize contained peanut until I was eating it :P)

Tomorrow I should be a little bit more on my game for food, especially since there are plenty of leftovers in the fridge. The biggest trick for me will be making sure I get enough veggies. We are running low on those, but I think we'll wait until Monday to pick more up.

I hope you've had a safe and happy Independence Day. See you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment