Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Back to basics...

With low-back pain continuing to be a problem for me, I decided that I needed to step back from actual running and work on simply getting movement into my routine. So this morning I went to the gym and hit the treadmill for an hour. The first half hour especially I could feel my muscles were very tight, not the most pleasant of feelings and something I definitely need to change. I'm going to try to get in most days for the next several weeks and log some walking miles before attempting to work on the C25K program again.

I admit, it's somewhat frustrating, but I have to realize that I'm not 20 years old and I've abused my body for so long that it's going to take time to get it to respond the way I want it to. I also have to keep things in perspective: I am still able to move.

For you number jockeys, I did 3.52 miles, which comes out to a 17:02 pace.

How do you face setbacks and discouragement in your workout routines?

No comments:

Post a Comment