Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Suh - WEET!

I hit the treadmill right after work last night and got busy with the Freeway to 10K, Week 5, Day 2. I had a great time, hitting all of my jogging intervals at 5.7 mph, my walks at 4.2 mph, and my warm-up and cooldown at 4.0 mph. I'm wondering if 5.7 mph is the right treadmill pace for me at this stage in my running career because it seemed super easy to maintain. In comparison, a little slower or faster both seem to mess with my stride or something because it's a lot more difficult. Guess I'll just have to play around with it. I'm still planning to do Friday's run at 5.8 mph, so we'll see what happens.

As the runs get longer, I'm also considering dropping the speed to 5.3 or 5.4 mph to decrease the intensity and perhaps drop some weight by burning a bit more fat. I haven't for sure made a decision there because I also know I haven't been tracking my food lately and it's possible my weight loss has stalled from eating too much junk and/or not enough calories overall.

My distance this time was 4.95 miles, so a little bump in speed next time should guarantee 5 miles or better. That's pretty exciting!

Next week the sessions will surpass 60 minutes for the remainder of the F210K program. That's pretty cool from looking at the progress I'm making, but it's also frustrating because the treadmills automatically go to a cooldown phase at 60 minutes. The speed can be bumped back up right away, but that momentary blip could mess things up if I'm not careful.

In other news, I found out tonight that P90X3 was just released. One thing that really grabbed my attention is that the workouts are all 30 minutes long (and there are 16 of them!). I think it's designed to be done 7 days/week instead of the 6 for P90X or 5 for P90X2. I wouldn't be using the program until next summer, so there's still plenty of time to do more research and, should I decide to buy it, save up the money I would need. I like variety in my strength training workouts, and I've been quite pleased with the original P90X on that point.

I hope you've been able to find time to get some exercise, too. Every little bit helps, and as I always know (even though I sometimes have to convince myself of the truth), staying active is one of the best ways to simply feel great. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment