Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The beginning is never pretty...

I thought that it would be appropriate to share a couple of pictures to get things started. Now, weight loss and being muscly is not what I'm necessarily about. Body composition is more of what I'm after. I mean, I'd rather weigh 220 and be all muscle than 170 and mostly fat. With that being said, I caution you to view the following images at your own risk.

First, this is what I look like when I'm clothed: 
It's not really that bad of a picture when you think about it. There's a bit of a paunch showing, but that's to be expected with the level of inactivity that's been present in my life coupled with my fondness for sweets and my love of food in general. You can also see that my midsection is kinda cocked to the right. This is likely still some residual effect from my issue with the not-totally-resolved herniated disc. I expect that will improve with time and further visits to Dr. Crivaro (who has done an amazing job, by the way; if you're in the Des Moines area, I recommend you give him a call if you're in need of chiropractic care [515-277-0746]; I am impressed with his philosophy of letting things settle down after an adjustment and not seeking to get you in his door 2-5x a week).

Now the following image is rather disturbing, so if you are at all squeamish, I suggest you point your browser in another direction. You have been warned.

This, then, is how I look without a shirt:
I know what you're thinking, and you're right, I could stand to lose a couple of pounds. As the weeks and months go by, I fully expect things to improve. One can only hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment