Welcome

Follow me on my journey to lose weight and get healthy.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Beer Cheese Soup

With Abi being sick, I've had to do the cooking. Thankfully, it's something I enjoy. And I'm great at making terrible-for-you food. My staple breakfast menu is bacon and eggs, with either toast or some sort of potato on the side. MMMmmmMMM! There's nothing wrong with that menu...until you eat half a package of bacon, half a dozen eggs, three potatoes or four slices of toast, and then watch movies for six-twelve solid hours. Of course, breakfasts like that don't happen every day, or even every week; once a month, at most.


Just like last night's meal, Beer Cheese Soup. This is the fist time I've made it in probably three years. Enough to get my fix and move on. Granted, I couldn't find a single 12 oz can or bottle of beer for purchase at the store, so I bought a single 24 oz can, and since that's twice what the recipe calls for, I did what anyone would do...doubled the recipe. A single batch is supposed to make roughly 4 quarts, so there's a fair amount still in the fridge. It freezes well, thankfully, so I'll be putting a few bowls away there and will have a couple ready-made meals for when Abi goes with her siblings to visit her brother and sister-in-law in Arkansas in a couple of weeks (I can't go as it'll be a four-day trip and I don't have the vacation time).


For now, I have less than 30 minutes before I need to leave for work, and I haven't eaten yet. Where's that bacon...?

No comments:

Post a Comment